Less of Paige

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Happy Almost Birthday to Me

In less than an hour and a half, I'll be 26 years young. That's almost THIRTY. (for those of you older than me reading this, pleasepleaseplease don't hate me. I am where I am. Always.) Thirty feels so freaking old to me. And granted, I've got four years before I get there. But still- I'm closer to thirty than I am to forty. I'm oooooooolllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddd.

Wanna know what I've gotten for my birthday so far???

~ An $800.00 car repair bill. For a new distributor. Which, according to some very. reliable. website. states is supposed to last the lifetime of the car, but hondas have had some problems with premature distributor failure. Of course.

~Fat.

~Lack of motivation. I don't wanna!! I wanna eat what I want. Exercise?? Are you kidding me? I'm too tired!

~A disaster of an apartment. Laundry. Groceries. More laundry. Laundry. Christmas decorations- still in boxes. jackets. blankets.

~Snoring and kitten induced insomnia. I slept last night, it was a miracle. It was the first night in like three nights that I got any sleep. My husband snores, and he's not feeling well. So he snores more and the breathe-right strips stop working. So I come to sleep on the couch. And Rory, who usually sleeps with us, comes with me. I thought she'd jump up, snuggle in, and go back to sleep. I mean, it's 1 am! Sleeping time! But noooooo- Rory thinks it's play and get into lots of shit time!! So I just didn't sleep. Several nights in a row.

~Pussy. No, not that way. Get your minds outta the gutter, already. No, my sister called today. Apparently, my nephew went to a birthday party this weekend. Him and all his friends are turning 7. (Seven!?!? omg!! Surely he's too little to be seven?!?!?) Anyways. Some little kid had the nerve to call my nephew a pussy. Made me cry at work. Because you know what? At seven, you shouldn't know that word. At seven, you shouldn't know how to use that word. At seven, no one should use that word against you. And you know what else? My nephew has enough on his plate. And even though I want to pretend that this world is a great place, I know that my nephew has a hard road ahead of him. Not everyone is kind. I just wish it didn't start so fucking soon. I'm not even his parent and all I want to do is protect him from meanness. He just- he doesn't deserve that. Shit. I'm crying again.

Anyways. Not all has been bad. :) I've also had two wonderful dinners out with friends, my mom's taking me out to lunch tomorrow, my husband and I are going out to dinner tomorrow, I've gotten some cool presents, and overall I'm incredibly happy in life (not always reflected here, but that's not exactly the point, now is it?).

ooh? You want a fun list? Ok. Things my cat have eaten thus far:
cat food.
Plastic.
Strings.
oil.
butter.
whole wheat pitas.
sour cream and onion pringles.
apples.
peanut butter.
ice cream.
bagels.

yeah. She's not actually a kitten. She's a puppy. In kitten skin. :) I love her though.

Happy Birthday to me. :)

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Happy Almost Birthday. I found your site through Amalah also and thought I'd read it seeing as how I'd like people to read mine too. I just turned 24 and I feel old too. Even though I know 24 isn't old at all. So yeah, I feel your pain. Happy Day nonetheless--enjoy it!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Happy Birthday (a little late). I just turned 26 too, and got similar things for my birthday (including a $550 car repair, but that was my fault what with the running into a truck and all).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home