Less of Paige

Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and The Turkey

The Good
Ah. Thanksgiving? Best holiday I've had in a long time. We hosted for my husband's family. There was so much food it was ridiculous (see: The Turkey, below). We cooked and cooked and I cleaned and cleaned. It was crazy. But it made for a wonderful day. We had his mom, uncle, and great aunt and uncle for dinner. Then his aunt, uncle, and cousin joined us for dessert. It was so nice. Everyone was so sweet- how nice our apartment was, how good the food was, what a great day it was.
Then, on Friday, it was off to my sister's in New Jersey. We went bowling, it was my niece and nephew's first time. We all learned that when you have two young children who are rolling the ball down the lane, there's really no reason to play more than one game. Really. Because that one game? Takes about as long as six games. So when you're done with the one, and the seven year old has beaten you by one point, and the only person you've beaten is the three year old, and she has to have help to get the ball down to the pins without stopping halfway, you're done. But that was our Thanksgiving, and it was good.
Because it's a Thanksgiving day post, I'm going to tell you what I'm thankful for:
~My hubby. Because he puts up with me. every day.
~My family. My sister, my niece and nephew. My mom. My in-laws. Really, they're all amazing and I love them. What would I do without my family? I may whine about them, but in the end I am the one who's blessed.
~My friends. They keep me real.
~I have a home. And food. And a kitten. And wow, those three things make me blessed.
~For this second, I'm thankful that I have enough food to eat to get fat. Some people? They have swollen bellies because they have nothing to eat or their food was contaminated. I'm blessed.

The Bad
Well, I'm fat again. I gained alot back the week before thanksgiving. I don't even want to think about what I've done to myself this past week. It's bad, very very bad. And I totally lack the motivation to begin again. I'm just so damn tired of caring. I'm tired of worrying about it. I'm tired of hating my body. I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of all the things that go with fat. I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable around everyone, even my family and friends. This sucks. So, so bad. I'm mostly frustrated with the fact that it's no longer about how I look or feel about myself. It's about my health and the health of my one day children. No pressure, though, right????

The Turkey
Cuz we worked so hard, here's what we ate. :)
Turkey
Stuffing (I didn't eat this but we made it)
Sweet potatoes with apples
Applesauce nut bread
Cranberry grape salad
mashed potatoes
corn
green bean casserole
turnips
rolls

Pumpkin Pie
Tollhouse Pie
Blueberry Pie
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Chocolate Peanut butter stuff
Chocolates
Some bread stuff
Cheesecake
Chocolate cake

We didn't make everything. My mother in law, husband's aunt, great aunt, and uncle all helped. :)

Overall, it's been a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Oh! And did I tell you? I'm done with Christmas shopping AND with Christmas cards. I may be fat, but I'm efficient dammit. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home