Less of Paige

Monday, October 16, 2006

Step Away From the Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Khalil went through the recipe for me, telling me what we needed from the pantry. (I am far too lazy busy to do work like that myself.)
While I was in the middle of cooking, he asked me "Why are you making these again?" And I told him, "Because I felt like it."
I had the honest-to-goodness true intention of eating only ONE pumpkin-chocolate-chip cookie.
I have eaten... probably close to 15, if not.. well, let's just leave it there. I didn't KNOW that they would be so good. I didn't know that the moist pumpkin would meld so well with the slightly crunchy chocolate chips. I didn't know that mixing two of my favorite flavors would rend me helpless. Honest to God, I thought I was going to eat one cookie.
On the way home tonight, I thought to myself, "I want some of those cookies". And I knew I'd eat some. Then I thought, "What if I went home and planned not to eat any cookies? What about that?" Because that has actually worked for me- if I make up my mind about something, I usually stick with it. But when I said that this time, I laughed at myself. Ha ha, that's so funny. You are just as helpless against the pumpkin-chocolate chip cookie as you are against the cookie-dough Pop-tart (I had four one day. Four.).
Needless to say, unless they all leave my house, I will not be making pumpkin-chocolate-chip cookies again "because I feel like it".
Also, as a side note? I'm watching a TiVo-ed episode of "Mi Vida Eres Tu". It's a requirement for my Spanish class. I wish I knew what they were saying.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

You have to watch some of the telenovelas for your Spanish class too - but watch out, they're super addictive!

Now. Seriously. Would you pass along the recipe for the cookies? They sound really good and I have to make Halloween treats for a party coming up... Pretty please?

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home