Less of Paige

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Have a Charlie Brown Christmas, all.

I've been a little bah humbug this year. Knowing all the time, that, really, I just need to watch my favorite Christmas movie to remind me what Christmas is all about. I've (as usual) gotten so caught up in buying, and wrapping, and the tree, and the mess of my apartment, and, well the details that I've forgotten the bigger picture.
Linus, as usual, reminded me:

Luke 2:8-14 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

The Shepherds and the Angels
8And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.
9An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
10But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ[a] the Lord.
12This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
13Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

I do not always 10o% subscribe to the very fundamental Christian beliefs I was raised with. I'm still in the middle of struggling with it all. But today, on Christmas Eve, I do remember the basis of what today and tomorrow are all about. And I remember how this resonates in me as truth.

So, whatever you believe, however you celebrate, I hope that you are able to have a quiet moment to think about what it is you believe and why. And that it brings you peace this season that is about peace but ends up being full of chaos.

In the meantime, I'll be wrapping, and baking, and giving, and visiting. And trying to keep the true meaning in the back of my mind.

Merry Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home