Less of Paige

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

On a Roll

I'm discovering that I'm an "on a roll" kind of person. This can work in either way for me, good or bad. Once I start exercising, I keep going. I get on a roll, and enjoy it, and keep doing it. Once I stop, I stop. It takes me forever to start again. Once I start eating healthy, I keep it up. I like the way it makes me feel. I like eating healthier. But once I "take a break" or don't do well, that's it. I can't eat just one cookie, oh no. Once I've eaten one, well why not eat four? Or ten? Or the bad?

I guess another way to put it is I'm very all or nothing. Either I'm doing something all the way, or I'm not doing it at all. It's something good to know about myself, but I have to work on using it for the good and keeping it away from the not-so-good.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Alotta Errata said...

I'm that way too. I'm supposed to be watching my cholesterol... no real eggs.. no real butter.. reduced fat EVERYTHING.. But then saturday rolls around and we have pizza on saturday and after the pizza i think, well I already had half an extra large pizza i might as well follow that with a reeses peanut butter cup sundae with Hunka Chunka PB fudge ice cream and extra peanut butter sauce...and once I've done that well, the whole weekend is shot. Then I start all over again on Monday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home