Less of Paige

Sunday, January 01, 2006

More of Paige, hopefully

It's 2006. Really and truly.
In this past year, I have:
lost about 6 pounds and gained about... 30? Ugh.
Graduated with my Masters Degree in Social Work.
Gotten not one, but two new jobs. One that sucked, one that rocks.
Started a blog.
Made two new friends.
Gained a kitten.
Moved into a new apartment.
Met the milestone of one year of marriage.
Watched my hsuband finally get a job, and then get a better one also.
Joined and quit a gym.
Joined and quit Weight Watchers.
Watched two friends have babies and watched several other friends continue to raise babies.
Gotten a raise.
Went from working 7 days a week to working 5.
Learned that I am at very high risk for diabetes and gestational diabetes should I become pregnant, if I don't lose weight soon.

There's more, I'm sure. It's been a good, good year, overall. I have to say.

I have big plans for this year, 2006. To be clear, these are NOT resolutions. They're goals. Here goes:
Exercise. I'd say learn to like it, but, really- well, one huge thing at a time.
Eat well.
Lose weight. This category includes: stop hating the way I look, eat healthier, get myself out of the diabetes risk range, and get this demon under control.
Get my hours completed for my LCSW- for those of you that aren't sure, that's the license I need for social work. It will give me more pay and alot more flexibility. Which will allow me to:
Start trying for babies.
Blog more often. Right now my goal is every day, but I'm not sure that can happen. The bigger piece of this goal is for me to find my own voice. What do I want to say here, and how do I want to say it?

That's all. Small, measly goals, yes??? We shall see.

It was a good year, and it ended on a great note. Quietly, at home, with my husband.
It will be a good year, and it started on a great note. At home, surrounded by my family. I can only hope for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home