Less of Paige

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

For Kicks

Thought I'd try a meme. Really, I'm just trying to fit in. Everyone's doing them.

Four Jobs I've had:
1. Babysitting: I did this to support myself from ages 12- current (I still occasionally moonlight as a babysitter. I love babies.) When I think now, that I was babysitting at the age of 12- responsible for the care and protection of children smaller than me- it gives me hives. What were these people thinking??? To be fair, I started as a "mother's helper" (I folded lots of laundry), but still...

2. Retail: TJ Maxx, Parade of Shoes... I hate retail. I mean, I loved the 10% discounts, but really, really hated working in retail. People. can. be. so. rude.

3. Waitress: Oh my. I was a horrid waitress. The summer I waitressed I also nannied, not that that is at all relevant. I spilled soda, water, and alcohol on people. If people ordered appetizers, you were supposed to put the apps in, then wait a few minutes before entering the meal, because everyone hates it when the meal comes and you've only just begun your appetizers. Well, if I didn't put them in at the same time, I'd forget to put their meals in. A half hour later, people would be wondering where their food was, and the kitchen would be telling me, we don't have an order for steak for that table!! And then I'd look, and sure enough there was no order. Waitressing was, um, not my strength. But I ahd always wanted to try it, and I did.

4. Social Worker: I've done lots of kinds of social work, all involving children. I haven't been this good at something since babysitting. I love and adore social work and I'm not bad at it. My soul lies in social work. I've done child protection social work, counseling for children who've been sexually abused, family preservation, hospital social work, adoption, and my current job of foster care. As long as I'm busy and feel like I'm working and am challenged, I love my job. Good thing, cuz I sure barely get paid for it.

Four Movies I can Watch Over and Over:
1. Men in Black
2. Princess Bride
3. Men in Black II
4. Gone in 60 Seconds.
clearly I'm no conneiseur of movies. I like movies that make me laugh and cry. I'm not some kind of tough critic.

Four Places I've Lived.
1. Cheyenne, Wy.: For the first, I don't know, 6 months or so of my life.
2. Connecticut. From 6 months to 17, when I left for college, then 22 to now, when I cam back.
3. Rochester, NY: I started college here. I. Hated. It. and went downhill really, really fast. I desperately needed something different, and made one of probably four of the best decisions of my life, moving to:
4. Azusa, CA: Nicknamed the armpit of California, but who cares? I went to college there. Finished my BSW and worked for a year, before coming home, to CT, to get my MSW and get married. Not in that order.

Four Places I've Vacationed:
1. Disney World: Honeymooned here. Was AWESOME.
2. Do trips back to CA to visit friends count? I hope so, cuz I've never done many vacations.
3. How about trips cross country with my hubby (who wasn't at the time) to bring me to college and then home again?
4. Um.... I did a missions trip in Mexico and one in Canada. Let's count those.

Four TV Shows I Love:
A. Current:
1. Gilmore Girls
2. Everwood
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. The O.C.

B. Reality (really, it DOES need it's own category)
1. America's Next Top Model
2. Any MTV Reality Show. ANY.
3. Starting Over (Please don't hate me, but I TiVo it.)
4. The Amazing Race
and many, many more...

C. Not Current:
1. Friends. All. Time. Favorite. I know, I know, so cliche, but I LOVE Friends. When I have a bad night and can't sleep, I put in one of my Friends DVDs (I own them ALL) and can chill out. Some nights? It's the only thing that makes me chill out.
2. Dawson's Creek. All the appropriate teen angst at just the right time in my life.
3. My So Called Life. You were oh so short but oh so good.
4. ER. Ok, ok. I know it's current, but I don't watch anymore. I love the old ERs.

Four of my Favorite Things to Eat:
1. Ice Cream, particularly Cookies and Cream and anything chocolate
2. Pizza
3. Pizza
4. Chicken Parmesan
That was hard- there are a million foods I love

Four Sites I visit Daily:
1. TV Guide
2. Hamster Watch (During Big Brother Season)
3. Pink is the New Blog
4. (this one is weekly) Post Secret

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home