Less of Paige

Monday, September 19, 2005

It's not MY fault...

So for the last week or so, in case you haven't heard, I haven't felt well. Some sick twist between a cold and allergies. Last night, after a major meltdown- I really am such a baby when I'm sick- Khalil informed me there would be no gym-going tonight. For all you who are thinking, "What? She lets her husband tell her what she can and cannot do?"- you don't have to put up with my meltdowns. He does. So, alas, I did not go to the gym today.

I feel guilty. But it's not my fault, really!!!

No- it's funny. Once I get started with stuff like this, I have a hard time giving my body a break (hard to believe, I know). But I get out of the routine so fast, that I get scared that I won't go back.

That's not going to happen this time. This time, I'm going to give my body the break it needs. I'm going to rest and go back to the gym when I can take a full breath without hacking a lung out. That might be tomorrow, it might be Friday. But I'm not going to let this get me off my routine.

So if you see me, and I'm making excuses as to why I haven't gone back, and I'm drawing full breaths of air, please yell at me, give me a kick in the ass, and tell me to get my bruised behind back to the gym!

I lost 1.5 pounds. I'm not gonna gain it back. uh-huh.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you the most depressing thing about my weight journey. When I lose 13 pounds, I'll be at the weight I was when I was at my oh-my-God-I-can't-do-this-anymore weight almost two years ago. TWO YEARS people. And that was my STARTING WEIGHT. I'm thirteen pounds OVER THAT.

You want depressing? There it is. Oh god, I can do this. I have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home