Less of Paige

Friday, March 31, 2006

Addiction

I have an addiction. Not to food (well yes to food but that's not what I'm talking about NOW). It's to the scale. I said a few weeks ago I was going to not weigh myself. Hahahaha.

Last week I weighed 207.
This week I weigh 209.

I'm not that upset. For a myriad of reasons. Here they are. First of all, I know my scale is broken. It weighed two three pound dumbells as eight pounds. So I have no idea how it's calculating how much I weigh. If it can't get six pounds right, I'm concerned about it's ability to get all of me right. SO, tomorrow I'm using a professional scale.

Second of all, this week I've done awesome exercising. I've done the Firm three times, did Yoga Booty Ballet once, did my Yoga for Weight loss class. I didn't walk last night, but that due to circumstances out of my control. And? Instead of feeling relieved? I was disappointed. So. Weird. I have a power yoga class planned for tomorrow. Go. Me.

Third of all, I have had some ups and downs eating. I had my "bad" meal on Saturday last week, then I had DQ on Sunday, then this week's "bad" meal on Monday- and that one? was a DOOZY. It was buffalo chicken strips at Friendlys, with fries and a peanut butter cup sundae. I went all out. BUT, but, my friends, I recovered. I didn't let the bad start to my week to keep me in that place. The rest of the week I did really well eating. I plan to keep it up.

Fourth of all, my pants are fitting better. My bras are fitting better. So even though the scale hates me, I know my body is changing. It might be incremental changes, but it means alot to me. It means I know I'm going in the right direction and making good choices.

And so I march on, and finally keep a positive attitude. I'm excited. Despite the scales's evil whisperings.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are really too cute, I told you it was the scale...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home