Less of Paige

Monday, March 06, 2006

Big Changes

For me, anyway.

In the past, when I got a less than satisfying weigh in, I would eat my way out of it. Very rarely does a gain motivate me to work harder. Usually it motivates me to give. up.

This time, I worked my butt off. I stuck with the plan. I still worked out, I ate right. I stuck with my plan to only eat one bad meal for the week, and I didn't cheat.

In the past, I can finish any meal, no matter what. Just a week ago I finished a full burrito.

This time, I could only finish 3/4.

In the past, setting the chips out would have been irresistible. I would have had to eat them, after all, I'd tell myself, "This is my bad meal. I may as well enjoy the whole thing."

This time, I put the chips out. And recognized that I wasn't hungry and didn't need them.

In the past, I would have rolled over in bed on Saturday morning, turned the alarm off, and said, "I'll do yoga next week."

This time, I got out of bed and got to yoga. Worked my tukkus off there, too.

In the past, when they said in the yoga class, "You're all advanced enough by now to..." I would have hightailed it out of there and thought to myself, "I'm just a beginner. Better luck picking the right class next time."

This time, I thought, "Let's just see how we do." And I did it, and stuck wtih the class.

Yes, if I'm honest, I reallyreallyreally want the scale to change this week. I want it to go down and I will be upset and disappointed if it doesn't.

But this time, no matter what, I'm going to know that I've tried my hardest.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kate B said...

Way to go Paige! It's great when you hit that turning point and realize that you can do this, instead of just wishing you could!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mom2the6Rs said...

Good for you, Paige!

Jules

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Good for you! It's amazing how quickly the weight comes on but how hard it is to get every pound off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home