Less of Paige

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Measuring Tape, my new best friend

I measured today. I lost another 3.5 inches. This is very, very cool. I measure alot- arms, thighs, hops, tummy (in two places) and bust. But whatever, the inches are still GONE!!!

I hopped on the vet scale on Saturday- down 1.3. Last week I was 207.9, this week was 206.6. Not too bad though!!! That's NOT what my wonky home scale told me- it said I had gone from 209.5 last week to 205. Ah well.

I'm still exercising. And liking it. The weird thing? I have now started to feel slugging and icky if I don't exercise. Hmmm....

As for food. M-F overall I do GREAT. A couple of slip-ups here and there, but nothing huge. Saturday and Sunday? I suck. I suck, I suck, I suck.

Remember how I watch starting over, that show? Well, I was catching up this weekend (please be quiet) and one of the life coaches was talking to a girl who is also trying to lose weight (see why I watch?). And the girl was like, I had a couple of cheat days. And her life coach said, "children cheat. Adults honor commitments." She emphasized- even the ones we make to ourselves.

That hit hard. When I make a mess of the weekend, who am I hurting? Not Khalil, not my sister, just me. Just me and my efforts. I need to make a weekend commitment and honor it.

Sorry for the boring update. But that's where we are.

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Kristina said...

Way to go on losing another 3 1/2 inches Paige! It's nice to see some numbers other than from the scale. The scale can be tricky, depending on how much waste and water you are retaining. But the tape measure, it's not so tempermental, and it really shows your progress!
I'm happy for you. I've missed seeing you post over on the weight loss community blog. You should give the girls over there an update.

Kristina

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Alotta Errata said...

good for you!

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Pink Slippers said...

Weekends are my downfall, as well as anything worth celebrating! I am glad to know I am not alone in this whole thing. Try to make it one day at a time through that weekend and you will feel like you really accomplished something great! Glad you are getting good results from the Firm...those are my favs.
Keep it up! (OH and you crack me up when you talk about weighing yourself at the vet...that just sounds too funny!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home