Less of Paige

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Movin' on Down

When I started using my new videos, the Transfirmer system, I measured myself. A week later, I did it again.

Down three inches. Now, to be fair, I measured like every part of my body. Not only just my bust, waist, hips, thighs, and arms, but also my thumbs, eyelids, and pinky toes. Hey, every inch counts, right?!!?! Just kidding, about those last three anyway.

Even though the scale is not giving me what I want (I wish I could break it off with the scale, but I just. don't. know. how.), I knew that something in my body was changing. My face is looking thinner (always the first place I lose weight, but my cheeks not my chins, unfortunately). My pants are getting loose- most of them I can get down without unbuttoning. A month ago they were all tight. So I knew there were changes. And the measuring tape confirmed that for me. And it feels oh. so. good.

I have found that the more I exercise (this is going to SHOCK you, it still shocks me) the more ok with it I am. The better I feel. The worse I feel if I don't exercise. I'm getting to the point where if I don't get up and work out, I feel weird. Like, I didn't start my day off right. It's a good, weird, good feeling.

Unfortunately for me, it doesn't exactly work that way with food. I still want crappy food. Like, all the time. I love food, particularly if it's not good for me. However, on the positive, I'm finding that I can eat less of it. When I eat greasy food or fast food, I literally feel sick to my stomach (not while I'm eating, don't be silly. But after). So, while the addiction isn't quite gone, and the cravings remain, I still am making progress.

And it feels oooooooh soo gooooooooood.

3 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for you to post on the inches....proud of you, and thanks for the snow!!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Alotta Errata said...

I hear ya on the fast food thing. The year before I started college, my father went on a very restrictive diet for his heart and cholesterol. That meant no fat, no cholesterol, no TASTE. And since my father had a hard time sticking to it if there was temptation, we ALL had to eat that way so that there was no junk in the house.

When i got to college the first thing I did in the dining hall was have a big greasy cheeseburger with nacho cheese on my french fries and ice cream for dessert.

My body couldn't handle it. It didn't know what to do with all that JUNK. I got soooo sick. And that's how I remember my first meal at college.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That's awesome progress - keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home