Less of Paige

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Scales and Choices

The vet scale said I'm down .6 pounds this week. That's POINT six, folks, not six. But it's ok. Because this past week I made alot of choices that were emotionally based. The last few weeks at work have been intensely stressful for me (not uncommon in my field, but there are times when this is alot more than others), and I ate out my stress a couple of times. Thursday it all came down and I went to Dairy Queen for a blizzard, came home and had cookies, then my husband made me a mudslide. (He's not actually an enabler. I needed the break.) At some point I'll be ready to explore how to do things differently next time I have a bad day like that. But on Thursday, I literally didn't have room in my head to make good decisions about food.

I have made some other good choices, though. I've exercised every day this week, even though there have been a couple of days where it's been a struggle and Khalil has been draaaaagging me out of bed in the morning.

I know I still have my ups and downs. I still struggle and make mistakes. But I'm not bailing, and I'm not killing myself. I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off, and moving on. If this is a change for life, it has to be fluid. I can't quit or stop because I have a few days where it's not working for me or I'm not working it. I have to keep going. And I can and will.

Go me.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Alotta Errata said...

don't let that .6 get you down. If you think about it, you made some bad eating choices and STILL lost some weight...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home