Less of Paige

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Improvement

In the past, if I did good for a while, onece I made a mistake or "backslid" for a meal or a day or a week, I never picked myself back up.

This past week the backslide started on Thursday. Went out to dinner with friends and good have made a healthy but yummy choice about food, but instead made the yummy and unhealthy choice about food. It was good, but... I could have done better and done fine. I know that now after having alot more successful eating out experiences.

Then, on Friday, after we got the new car, my mother-in-law called and asked us if we wanted to go to dinner. Yes. But the place she wanted to go... not the best for me. Nor did I make the best choices. I tried, but...

Saturday came. Dinner came, and no food out of the freezer for dinner. I suggested fast food and literally talked my husband into it. I wanted it. I wanted a cheeseburger, curly fries and a milkshake. I got it, and a 1900+ calorie day. Whoops.

But today? I did good. I exercised, and ate well. I am back on track, and this time, I know I will stay there.

I'm not saying I can never eat a cheeseburger. Once in a while, a break is ok. But also? I have to remember that just eating out is NOT an excuse for eating crappy. I have done SO much better about that, but I have to keep reminding myself.

We'll see how the scale reprimands me tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came here from the Bloggers team at Spark People.
Happy Belated birthday.
Nice blog by the way.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Peggy said...

We all have bad days. Glad to hear that you are back on track and getting closer to your health goals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home